17 Nov Construction Update/ Look Ahead
TRAFFIC & ONGOING UTILITY RELOCATION CONSTRUCTION
Following is the Construction Look Ahead/Weekly Forecast, for the Third Street Tunnel Infrastructure Project which outlines work activities that may impact the surrounding community, as provided by Property Group Partners (PGP). Balfour Beatty Construction DC (BBCDC), the construction manager, will make every effort to advise PGP of changes that affect the scheduled events. The schedule is subject to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
WEEKEND ROAD CLOSURES/TRAFFIC SHIFTS
- There will be no roadway work or closures for the weekend of November 18-19, 2017. Additionally, there will be no work or street closures the following weekend November 25th or 26th.
REMINDER OF WORK HOURS
As an ongoing reminder, the contractor is adhering to prescribed work hours which include the following at Massachusetts Avenue and H Streets, NW between 2nd and 4th Streets:
- Monday-Friday 7:00am-5pm
- Monday-Tuesday 7:00pm-12:00 midnight, as needed
- Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm, as needed
Also, work on the I-395 Highway, including the new on-ramp portal being constructed at 2nd and Massachusetts Avenue is permitted for 24-Hours operation. The highway work takes place overnight for safety reasons as there is much less traffic.
I-395 OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURE
Note: Work in the I-395 Highway will last for the next several months. Nighttime lane closure has been suspended until October. Daytime lane closures remain in effect for northbound lands. If unusually loud noise occurs overnight, please email email@example.com or call 202-719-0196 to report the problem.
MASS AVE. & H St. AREA NW:
- Additional sidewalk, curb and gutter work being performed around the perimeter of Cobb Park.
- Work on the small “eyebrow” island on H Street between 3rd and 4th Streets has commenced and pavers and sod will be placed in the next few weeks.
3RD STREET AREA NW:
- NOTE: The 3rd Street Portal will be closed on Saturday, November 4th to accommodate final lighting and brickwork. Traffic will be detoured to 3rd and D Street tunnel access.
- Light evening work has been permitted and is underway on the east and south sides of Holy Rosary Church.
- Additional site work requires ongoing single lane closure on 3rd Street. One lane of through traffic is still open at all times.
2ND STREET & I-395 TUNNEL AREA NW:
- DC Water has scheduled installation of four new water valves on the evenings of Monday, November 20th and Tuesday, November 21st. Water service will be shut off and will only impact specific properties who have been notified by DC Water.