10 Nov Construction Update/ LookAhead
TRAFFIC & ONGOING UTILITY RELOCATION CONSTRUCTION
Following is the Construction Look Ahead/Weekly Forecast, for the Third Street Tunnel Infrastructure Project which outlines work activities that may impact the surrounding community, as provided by Property Group Partners (PGP). Balfour Beatty Construction DC (BBCDC), the construction manager, will make every effort to advise PGP of changes that affect the scheduled events. The schedule is subject to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
WEEKEND ROAD CLOSURES/TRAFFIC SHIFTS
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, on Saturday, November 11th & 12th there will be a full closure of Massachusetts Avenue with associated detours for completion of water line repairs and paving between 4th& 5th Streets as well as other close-out activities around the project site. NOTE THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC CLOSURES AND WHICH LANES WILL BE OPEN FOR TRAFFIC:
- Massachusetts Avenue eastbound, from 5th to 4th (allowing for local traffic)
- Massachusetts Avenue westbound from 2nd Street,
- H Street westbound from 3rd to 4th Streets
- 3rd Street north of intersection with H Street westbound
- 4th Street, Mass Portal, H Street eastbound and 3rd Street will be open for traffic.
- This should be the last full closure of Massachusetts Avenue with the exception of an emergency.
REMINDER OF WORK HOURS
As an ongoing reminder, the contractor is adhering to prescribed work hours which include the following at Massachusetts Avenue and H Streets, NW between 2nd and 4th Streets:
- Monday-Friday 7:00am-5pm
- Monday-Tuesday 7:00pm-12:00 midnight, as needed
<http://3rdsttunnel.com/wp-admin/>Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm, as needed
Also, work in the I-395 Highway, including the new on-ramp portal being constructed at 2nd and Massachusetts Avenue is permitted for 24-Hours operation. The highway work takes place overnight for safety reasons as there is much less traffic.
I-395 OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURE
Note: Work in the I-395 Highway will last for the next several months. Nighttime lane closure has been suspended until October. Daytime lane closures remain in effect for northbound lands. If unusually loud noise occurs overnight, please email email@example.com or call 202-719-0196 to report the problem.
MASS AVE. & H St. AREA NW:
- All hardscape installations throughout work zone continue with completion expected by end of October.
- Work on the small “eyebrow” island on H Street between 3rd and 4th Streets has commenced and pavers and sod will be placed in the next few weeks.
3RD STREET AREA NW:
- Light evening work has been permitted and is underway on the east and south sides of Holy Rosary Church.
- Additional site work requires ongoing single lane closure on 3rd Street. One lane of through traffic is still open at all times.
2ND STREET & I-395 TUNNEL AREA NW:
- Periodic closures being utilized in northbound lanes during the daytime.