18 Feb Construction Update/Look Ahead
Following is the construction Look Ahead/Weekly Forecast, for the Third Street Tunnel Infrastructure Project which outlines work activities that may impact the surrounding community, as provided by Property Group Partners (PGP). Balfour Beatty Construction DC (BBCDC), the construction manager, will make every effort to advise PGP of changes that affect the scheduled events. Schedule is subject to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
TRAFFIC & ONGOING UTILITY RELOCATION CONSTRUCTION
As noted below, utility relocation activities continue on the surface streets and there will be intermittent street closures during the next several months, including most weekends. While the information below describes work to take place in the area over the next two weeks, please check the Daily Traffic Impact report at www.3rdsttunnel.com and real-time traffic advisories at www.ddot.dc.gov for the latest closure and detour information.
I-395 OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURE/CONCRETE WALL AND STEEL ERECTION:
As noted below, work in the I-395 Highway will enter a new phase that will last for the next seven months. There will be overnight lane closures and detours to accommodate the installation of pre-fab concrete wall panels in the median and then vertical steel erection. This work should not be any louder than the current overnight highway operations. However, there may occasionally be different sounds as the concrete panels and steel pieces are placed and secured. If unusually loud noise occurs overnight, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-719-0196 to report the problem.
MASS AVE AREA NW:
- Installation of new 30” water main on Massachusetts Avenue between 4th and 2nd Streets.
- Excavation and shoring of new I-395 southbound access portal.
- Road closures expected for the next several weekends.
- Remaining plates at 4th and Massachusetts Avenue will be removed once DC Water tie-in and testing complete, approximately 5 weeks.
3RD STREET AREA NW:
- Electric cable splicing ongoing. All work expected to be complete by end of February.
- Installation of a new 8” water main along the east side of 3rd St. from F Street to E Street. This work is substantially complete. Chlorination testing will take place the week of March 25.
- Backfill and paving ongoing.
- On the weekend of March 15-17 crews will be working in this area.
I-395 & 2ND STREET AREA NW:
- Steel beam installation and erection began on February 17.
- Pre-cast concrete wall installation in median to begin on or about February 8th.
- North bound lane closure beginning the evening of February 8th; ongoing approximately two weeks.